Friday, May 13, 2016

BOOK REVIEW # 2016-053 - RANDOM TALES: ASSORTED SHORT STORIES

I must say this had been a totally different collection of short stories than I’ve ever read, or others will read if they get this book.

For incidence, the author’s first short story, “Heal Thyself”, reminded me of episodes of the television program One Step Beyond.  According to the description on IMDB this program sought out 'real' stories of the supernatural, including ghosts, disappearances, monsters, etc., and re-creating them for each episode. No solutions to these mysteries were ever found, and viewers could only scratch their heads and wonder, "what if it's real?"

In selecting the rest of the stories contained in his book, the author, Don Massenzio in choosing not to include ones which belong to the same genre added to the enjoyment the book’s reading enjoyment. Despite the book having few errors, I find it still deserves the 5 STARS I’m giving it.


No comments:

Post a Comment