Thursday, October 4, 2018

CHRISTIAN POETRY # 4 - READING A SINGLE CHRISTIAN BOOK


READING A SINGLE CHRISTIAN BOOK

I’ve really never been of the religious sect,
And it’s been this way since I’ve been a kid,
I never questioned my parents, they had my absolute respect.
And if I didn’t, I’d be in trouble heaven forbid.

As a child in school, I only read books needed for class.
Because I wanted more time with my friends.
I only wrote reviews to get a grade that would make me pass.
And if I didn’t pass, how would I make amends.

Growing up took a long time to find a mate.
For I’ve suffered with physical malady when people looked at me.
Eventually, when we finally wed, in our lives it was late.
We wound up having no kids, couldn’t adopt, it was meant to be.

Getting on in my years, I’ve become a voracious reader of books.
And writing wonderful reviews, for each one as well.
There are scads of books on my pile, and of which gets overlooks.
Why the change, I can’t find a reason to tell.

Now, recently there’s been another change
I’ve added a new book genre to the books I do.
And given my life so far, it seems sort of strange.
For adding this genre, I don’t have a single clue.

For now, I’ve got a passion for reading Christian books,
First it was five out of ten, now it’s three out of five
The percentage is increasing if anyone looks
This is the truth and is definitively no live.

As this is going I still love reading/reviewing my other stuff
From children’s book to those of a naughty type
Amazon saying I’m the tops in True Crime, should be enough
But, now I want to be tops in Christian Books, isn’t a hype.

Now, my reviewing these books has even changed.
Because, in some I’m even quoting scripture, and must find verse’s source
I know I haven’t by any means become deranged
For there must be a reason that I’m on a certain course

And so far for each review, here I’ve posted a link
My curiosity is now making me uncertain on one thing
I’m wondering about my reviews and what others about them think
Without a remark I’m sad, and getting positive ones will make me sing

As far as I can tell, I’m still basically the same kind of person
Yet my passion for books to review has been altered
For Christian Books, I still definitely a layperson
And all others haven’t at all faltered.

Perhaps what is happening isn’t unique.
Perhaps reading habits of others have also been transformed
And for me what did it take
How about READING A SINGLE CHRISTIAN BOOK?

© Robin Leigh Morgan – September 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment