Monday, December 14, 2015

BOOK REVIEW # 2015-160 - RUNAWAY SMILE

I found this book to be a delightful story of a young boy’s fantasized predicament when he realizes he’s lost his smile. His eyeglass-wearing book-reading talking dog has no interest in what his owner was saying.

Readers follow the boy as he continuously fantasizes about everything he does as he gets already to go to school and trying to find his missing smile; his lack of luck continues on his way there with all the people he meets, especially when he asks them if he could have their smiles.

You would think he would get help at school from his teacher, but he struck out there as well.

I loved the melodic flow of words which Mr. Rossis has used in the writing of this book as it added to the enjoyable reading experience not only for its young readers, but for the adults who can have their inner-child come alive again. Not only did this boy find his smile again [what kind of story would this have been if he didn’t], he learned the important life lesson of sharing; you can never lose something if you’re willing to share it.

For rekindling my inner-child as I read this book, I’m giving it 5 STARS.

I received a mobi.file copy of this book in return for my honest opinion.


UK:  http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00QQC2YLY

No comments:

Post a Comment