Wednesday, September 19, 2018

:RRBC: "TREAT" READS BLOG HOP #2 - MARY ADLER

I’m a stop on this year’s RRBC “TREAT” Reads Blog Hop, and today [Day #2] I’ve got the pleasure of introducing Mary Adler

About Mary Adler

I escaped the university politics of "the ivory tower" for the much gentler world of World War II and the adventures of homicide detective Oliver Wright and his German shepherd, Harley. I live with my family in Sebastopol, California, where we have created a garden habitat for birds and bees and butterflies, and other less desirable critters. (Unintended consequences at work again.) I love dogs and books, crows and compassion, writing and writers, and all things Italian, especially Commissioner Montalbano and cannoli, not necessarily in that order. I remind myself daily of the question poet Mary Oliver asks: "Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?"

TWITTER: https://www.twitter.com/MAAdlerWrites

Book: IN THE SHADOW OF LIES
Amazon Link:  https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K7WYTSU

Book Blurb: Richmond, California. World War II.  Marine Lieutenant Oliver Wright comes home from the war in the Pacific injured and afraid his career as a homicide detective is over.  But when an Italian Prisoner of War is murdered the night the Port Chicago Mutiny verdicts are announced, and black soldiers are suspected of the crime, the Army asks Oliver to find out the truth.

He and his canine partner Harley join forces with an Italian POW captain and with a black MP embittered by a segregated military. During their investigation, these unlikely allies expose layers of deceit and violence that stretch back to World War I and uncover a common thread that connects the murder to earlier crimes.

In the Shadow of Lies reveals the darkness and turmoil of the Bay Area during World War II, while celebrating the spirit of the everyday people who made up the home front. Its intriguing characters will resonate with the reader long after its deftly intertwined mysteries are solved.

2 comments:

  1. Robin, thank you so much for hosting me and In the Shadow of Lies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're quite welcomed Mary, my pleasure.

      I know Nonnie & Marlena had just asked the supporter of this Blog Hop to post the supplied materials on their websites. So, I hope you didn't mind my adding the blurb about you as well. I copied it from your Amazon author page. You should consider completing your profile on GoodReads.


      Have a GREAT DAY tomorrow with whatever you're planning to do !!! :-) :-) :-)

      Delete