Thursday, June 5, 2014

WEEKLY STATUS REPORT # 13



Sorry for not posting anything for over two weeks.


But what can I say?  Things just happened !!! 


Sunday. May 18th I decided to rest.


Monday, May 19th I found time to write my last Weekly Status Report.


Monday 19th – Wednesday 21st  – My OH came down with a cold and I had to play nursemaid, which not only took me away from reading MOST of emails, but reduced my ability to sit down and think what I should write next.


Thursday 22nd – Saturday 24th – I came down with my OH’s cold. But I did manage to write my Five Sentence Fiction for the prompt word of “ANCHOR” on the 23rd. I also manage to struggle to finish editing the word “had” for His Darkest Secret. In the end I wound up deleting the word over 200 times; either I formed a contraction with the preceding word or simply deleting it to improve the flow of the sentence. While there I edited the surrounding sentences, which increase the word count by about 450 [including the 200+ “HADs” I deleted.  Right now the counts for this endeavor now stand at; 40 Chapters, 258 pages with about 76,800 words.


Next came the Memorial Day Weekend – My OH and I simply kept each other company.  Tuesday we went to check on my OH’s city pension, and found out to guarantee health insurance should I die first, my OH has to work an additional three months. [If the spouse who had the primary family health insurances dies first, the other one loses it.  If the other spouse also worked for the city, that spouse needs to have been employed 10 years to continue the health insurance]


Wednesday I finally got caught with ALL of my emails so my various folders were essentially blank. I went to GoodReads and decided to active the add friends option. Today I also took care of a lot of some long delayed personal matters.


With the addition of one more item this week for my Flash Fiction anthology on Thursady, I only need two more to reach my goal of a hundred flash fictions written. I then can bring the self-editing process which I’m not in a rush to do, since this will be the next item I’m going to self-publish, and I still need the funds to do it [This will be the least expensive to accomplish since I’ve basically got the cover design already handled except for a minor detail.]  And I took care of more personal matters.


Friday, May 30th I decided to rest most of the day, but when I check my email address for Yahoo I saw over 350 items from GoodReads that I’m now friends with. By the time I got around to begin to send THANK YOUs for becoming my friend on GoodReads the figure had grown to over 400.  Adding to the chaos here, being the glutton for punishment I am, I become a Manager for another Linked In group “Writer’s Hangout” where amongst other things, I created the automated messaging for new members.


I really wanted to post this on Monday yesterday; however I received the official news regarding the Flash Fiction I wrote which got accepted for the premiere issue of The Greenwich Village Literary Review e-zine. The e-zine has now gone live and my submission is now officially published in it.  The item I wrote is on page 61 … you can scroll down on the left once you get to the site.

http://tinyurl.com/pvkxyu7 


Needless to say this meant my having to spread the word about this exciting event on Twitter and all my other sites.


Saturday, May 31th – My OH and I went out to take of family matters which been delayed for some time. Caught up to a radio station appearance near one of the places we needed to stop at; and won a pair of movie tickets.


Sunday June 1st, I went back to sending out THANK YOUs to the new friends I’d gained and found although I’d sent out about a third of them [130] on Friday that I’ve gained about that many since - - - making it seem as I made no progress.  At the same time I’d received questionnaires for interviews.


June 2nd and June 3rd – I finally responded to the rest of the GoodReads friends I’ve gained making it a total of almost 550. This meant I now needed to answer ALL the responses I received from the THANK YOUs I’d sent out.


June 3rd [Yesterday] – I went with my OH to see the movie. The pair of tickets was only good Monday – Thursday, at only one movie chain, and only to see  Blended  with Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore. It movie surprised us as it is quite funny [unexpected because of all the “bombs” Adam Sandler has made in the past few years.


After the movie we ate at a nearby IHOP, went home and rested.  When I got up and checked my emails I found an additional 20; or so new friends on GoodReads. I quickly responded to them as I didn’t want to experience another backlog here. I’m now close to 4,100 friends on GoodReads - - - the good thing is they cap the number of friends one can have at 5,000.  I then answered half of the interview requests I’d received [2].


Well here we are, Thursday, June 5th and as you can see I’ve accomplished a lot, I haven’t made any real progress in any of my writing endeavors.  So the first thing I did, is I answered the two brief questionnaires I’ve received, then emailed all four of them making sure I’ve made all of the attachments I needed.  It’s a little past 3:00 PM, and I’ve just finished writing this. I’d hope to get a little writing done today, however, I’ve got a community meeting I must attend.

No comments:

Post a Comment