Saturday, June 21, 2014

FIVE SENTENCE FICTION - Fenced

This week Lillie McFerrin gave her readers the prompt word of "FENCED." And after thinking about how I should approach I read a news item on the internet which gave me the inspiration as what I should write about.

THE TIMES HAVE CHANGED


Frank has always wanted to own property on which to build to his dream home with his two hands, for his wife and five children.


ENdora, his wife, had always stood by her husband through good times and bad, supporting his dream for the betterment of their family.


Construction took Frank ten long years working after work and on most weekends.


Eventually the last nail got nailed and the entire family had moved in.


Despite how wonderful the surroundings had been when he started, Frank now had to replace a huge fence around his creation, merely to protect it and his family.

4 comments:

  1. It's precisely what the title of this endeavor is indicating. THANKS for stopping by and leaving your comment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you used FENCED in your story the Acrostic way. very nice.
    Tina from The Sunny Side of Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANKS Tina for stopping by and leaving your kind compliment.

      I tend, from time to time, to turn Lillie’s prompt word into an acrostic and then frame my sentences around the letters it forms. I love doing this because it adds to the level of difficulty in writing five sentences which tell a story. And since I’m currently in the midst of writing my YA Urban Fantasy it also helps me to get the creative juices inside those little grey cells of my mind flowing. Glad you enjoyed reading my endeavor for this week.

      The first sentence is ALWAYS the easiest to create. However, as I continue to write my Five Sentence Fiction each subsequent sentence gets harder and harder to write as I continue to use more and more of the letters of the prompt since the number of possible words I can use to continues to decrease

      Delete