Friday, June 13, 2014

FIVE SENTENCE FICTION - Wishes


Given the prompt word Lillie has given us this week of “WISHES,” if feel as it’s a good opportunity to offer another UNEDITED SNIPPET from my W.I.P, an adult Contemporary with a paranormal element running through parts of the storyline entitled “His Darkest Secret.”

In this snippet, it’s Friday, and Jessica has been married to Warren for only five days. She has just returned home from work and as she at the front door with the keys in her hand she begins to quickly think of Bill, her relationship with him and the child they had produced, as well as other items.  She then begins about Warren came into her life, answering her silent prayers.

MY PRAYERS HAVE BEEN FULFILLED

Who knew my prayers would be answered the night Warren showed up at my front door as I ate dinner with a letter stating I’m ready to use his services as an architect from Bill.   Who knew anyone else, but me, would be receiving a letter from Bill; much in the same manner I’ve received several from him, with each letter coming when some important or special event which would be happening shortly in my life.

I wish I could tell someone this story, but who’d believe me, especially the way our lives have crossed so many times even before we knew each other.   Yes, who’d believe me, because at times I can’t even believe it myself, and I’d lived through them.

I can’t stay here thinking about the pass, I need to go inside and get on with the wonderful life I now have with Warren and our three children.

No comments:

Post a Comment