Monday, October 1, 2012

HELP !!! MY MUSES ARE RUNNING AMOK !!!

HELP! HELP! HELP! My muses are running a amok, and I need a way to calm them down.
We, as authors are always seeking assistance to help us write our manuscripts. We love the ideas they give us, especially when we're suffering from writer's block.
 
If you read my last post, you'll know that I've already received the final pages of edits for my YA Paranormal book, I Kissed a Ghost; and that I've begun writing my next novel this past Friday, this time it's going to be a contemporary paranormal romance. I felt great Saturday night before retiring to bed, because by then I had written two chapters. consisting of eleven pages with approximately 2,700 words.

But the moment I woke yesterday morning things were about to change, and change drastically. I say this because instead of being able to gather my thought as I typed, my muses appeared to be "gun ho" about my writing. I felt as if they had taken a whip to me, causing me to think of every word to write faster than I could type them. Needless to say I was totally spent by the time I wanted to go to sleep, and had no idea of what I had accomplished in writing my new endeavor, no idea that is until I got out of bed and went to my computer.

There in black and white were the facts, facts which I checked and double checked not believing what I had actually written in the frenzy created by my muses. The facts are what they are, and I was astonished that I had written so much in a single day. How much did I type yesterday? What would say if I told you that by the end of the day, I had written three whole chapters consisting of twenty-nine pages containing more than 6,600 words.

For those of you who are for some reason keeping track, in the three days since beginning this new manuscript, I've written five chapters [forty pages containing approximately 9,300 words]
So today, and perhaps most of this week, I'm going to resist my muses input no matter what it takes

No comments:

Post a Comment