Wednesday, December 10, 2014

BOOK REVIEW # 36 - CHARLIE, THE FLATULENT CHRISTMAS ANGEL


The instant I began to read Steve Case’s “Charlie, The Flatulent Christmas Angel,” I got flung back to the days of youth when I had been a child of the 1950’s and to all of the Dr. Seuss’ I read then.  “The Cat in the Hat,” “The Cat in the Hat Returns,” both of the Horton books, “And to Think I Saw It on Mulberry Street,” and the rest of his books had been some of my favorite books back then.

The rhyming Case uses in writing his brief, cute stories matches that of Dr. Seuss, who must have influenced him when it came to writing this book. While Dr. Seuss aimed for the zany  and funny side in his stories, Mr. Case’s humor aims to be somewhat more sedate while at the time creating stories which leave its readers with a sense that something had been gained by the end of each story.

The book is something which would definitely appeal to its intended group of young readers, about age 5 – 9. This book will also allow its adult readers to rediscover their inner child as I did as I read this book THREE TIMES. And for allowing me to rediscover those days I’m giving this book FIVE STARS.

I received a copy of this book in a GoodReads giveaway in return for my honest opinion in a review.



No comments:

Post a Comment