Sunday, July 9, 2017

BOOK REVIEW #2017-018 - POP GOES THE QUESTION


It's been a quite a while since I've posted one of my book reviews, so going forwards I'll be posting them on a more regular basis. In addition, I'll be going through all the reviews I've done on Amazon, GoodReads and LibraryThing since my last posting on this blog and will be posting what I feel are one of my better review.

Okay are you happily married with a HEA relationship which you’ve always wanted to have? Can you recall the day your man got down on one knee to ask you to marry him? Where were the two of you when he’d asked you this question and how did he go about asking you? While some guys do it in a traditional manner, others want to make sure it would be quite memorable.



It doesn’t actually matter how you had been asked, each of the six contemporary romances will have you reexperience one of the most important days in your life; aside from getting married or giving birth to your first child. Stepping into the shoes of each of the female protagonists in these stories, you’ll be able to fantasize about being asked by the male protagonists for your hand in marriage in his own imaginable, forgettable  manner. I for one did fantasize about being in their shoes.





As I read this book I couldn’t help but recall listening to “Will You Marry Me” by Alabama; which got released around my birthday in 2001, which gives the guy’s POV for the premise of each of the stories in this collection.



LYRICS:



I come here today, I'm kind of nervous

You know how words get in my way

It should come easy, I've been rehearsing

I don't know why I'm so afraid, to say



[Refrain]

Will you marry me

Put our love and life together

Will you stay with me

For always and forever

On bended knee, would you take this ring

Will you marry me, please

Will you marry me



To be with you is what I live for

But at this moment I confess

Though I love you, God knows I love you

Deep down inside I'm scared to death, say yes



[Refrain]



On bended knee

On bended knee

Would you take this ring

I will take your ring

Will you marry me, please

Will you marry me



For giving its readers an opportunity to relive one of the most important days of their lives, how can I not give these authors 5 STARS.












No comments:

Post a Comment