Tuesday, June 20, 2017

STATUS REPORT # 106


Having received the file containing the new edits for “I Kissed a Ghost,” this past week, I’ve been quite busy slowly making all the suggested changes. I’ve already completed the grammar, punctuation, etc. corrections; and have begun the line editing suggestions made by the editor who had worked on my book. In this sort of editing, the editor concentrates on telling authors where they need to consider making chances to enhance and improve the consistency of what they’re saying, enhance what they’re saying and how they’re saying it, as well as the flow of ideas within the storyline. This I quickly began to realize is something which can’t be rushed through as you need to think whether you want to consider the suggestions being made; and then, how you’re going to go about making it. Given the rate I’ve got through the chapters I’ve already done, I envision my being to finish this re-editing process by the end of the month. I just hope I won’t have any other priorities get in the way, like they’ve already done.  BTW – as of the writing of this entry, I’m about 20% finished.



My completing the GoodReads reading challenge has fallen behind so much, and with my wanting to complete all my writing endeavors by the end of the year, I’ve decided to reduce my goal from 200 books read/reviewed to 150.  I extremely doubt I’ll be moving these endeavors into the next step of self-publishing, that of being edited, due to the lack of funds, especially since I’ve already gone into a little debt with this editing. If anyone is interested in helping me raise the funds I need, and if you’ve got KINDLE Unlimited, just download my book of 100 Flash Fictions, “Micro Fiction – An Anthology,” and go through the book. If you can leave a review, it would also be greatly appreciated as well.


https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00QH15K4M

No comments:

Post a Comment