Saturday, June 10, 2017

STATUS REPORT # 105


NEXT = 106



Due to my involvement with several endeavors, I haven’t really read/reviewed any books for the past 6 - 8 weeks. In addition, during the past month [May 8th – June 7th] I only read eight books, which coincided with Amazon not making any changes to its Reviewer Ranking. So, now I’ve got 534 books reviewed on Amazon with an Amazon Reviewer Ranking of 2,258. When I check GoodReads for this year’s reading challenge, I’ve only read/reviewed 70 books out of my goal of 200 books for 2017; which according to GoodReads makes me 17 books behind schedule. This will now cause me to concentrate most of my efforts in the reading/reviewing of books.



What I did during most of this time had come to get the funds I need to have my debut romance novel, a MG/YA paranormal novel, “I Kissed a Ghost,” totally re-edited. Although I didn’t have all the necessary funds in place, I’m having it done anyway; which is why I’ve removed this book from being available on Amazon in all of its formats.



After taking a few days simply to rest, I’m back; and one of first things I’m doing is getting the word out that I’ll be donating a portion of the royalties I received for my second book, “Micro Fiction – An Anthology” for June 2017 to a local animal where my dear OH and I had adopted a cat to replace the second of our two previous cats; this one had died at the age of 20 [and had been diabetic for over 7 years.]



If anyone is interested in supporting me in this endeavor, here’s the link for the book. The book is available as a paperback, KINDLE, and KINDLE Unlimited [and I received royalties for each of these formats]. I would appreciate any support you can give.






Hopefully, I’ll be able to get back to completing my manuscript of my adult Contemporary romance, “His Darkest Secret,” which is about 85% completed. I’m in no real rush as I would need to get the financing for the editing, etc to get it self-published. Once this manuscript is completed, it’s on to my MG/YA Urban Fantasy entitled “The Secret of the Well,” which is a stand-alone sequel to “I Kissed a Ghost.”



None of this includes any of the endeavors, my erotic self, is working on. In the end, I can only pray for an upsurge in the sales of my books, or win several lottery drawings where I don’t have to pay any taxes.



Regardless, I love writing romance and interacting with my followers, since this gives me, as a Senior Citizen [66], something to do each day besides watching cable most of the day with my dear OH with whom I’ve been married for 23 years [no children = :-( ]



Here’s hoping you’re having a GREAT WEEKEND with your families.



O X O X O X



Robin Leigh Morgan

No comments:

Post a Comment