Saturday, October 10, 2015

RECYCLING A SECOND TIME

How many of you have written something which you've tossed aside only to go back to it at a later time to revamp it so it could be used for a different purpose than you had previously wanted to use it for.

The same thing is happening to me right now. 

In the middle of November of last year, as far as I can recall, I started to write a third W.I.P, see http://www.about.me/rlmorgan51, to see what my other two WIPs are. This endeavor novella would have been a NA [New Adult] Contemporary romance novella entitled "It Had All Been a Game" with a second chance romance as the story line. But after writing several chapters the creativity ceased as a terminal case of Writer's Block took over and needless to say this manuscript soon became R.I.P.

The thing about R.I.P. manuscripts is that sooner or later if the creative spirits will it, a resurrection can occur with a new purpose for its existence. This is what happened to me when  I learned that the RWA [Romance Writers of America] wanted to compile a second anthology with submissions from its gifted membership. I revamped the story to fit the submission requirement regarding length and had submitted it towards the end of the submission period. The announcement of the winning submission had been scheduled for the end of May.  May came and went as did June, July. August, September; and it wasn't until a few days ago when the announcement emails got sent out. Unfortunately, my submission didn't get selected,

With the death of my endeavor occurring a second time I wasn't going to wait for a new opportunity to arise again. Using the knowledge I've gained since becoming a Book Reviewer, and seeing the length of many of the KINDLE items out there, I've decided to self-publish this endeavor as a Short Story.  This is something I hope to release in about 8 - 10 weeks.





No comments:

Post a Comment