Saturday, January 25, 2014

EGADS !!! WHAT HAVE I DONE ???

It all started out innocently enough, as I merely wanted to take a slight break from blogging, but the next thing I know I’ve forgotten totally about the two blogs I maintain as well as a website.  They’re all basically the same, except the website has a little more information. I even missed doing a couple of the Five Sentence Fictions I usually respond to.


There’s been a lot of stuff happening to me and my writing. To begin with, if I haven’t mentioned it before five of the Five Sentence Fictions I’ve written, with a little tweaking, are now scheduled for publication in an anthology of short stories involving HIV/AIDS as its theme. And staying on this subject of Five Sentence Fictions, I’ve submitted three different ones for consideration to be included in the first issue of a new e-zine, “The Greenwich Village Literary Review,” which is scheduled to release its first issue in March of this year.


My first YA Paranormal/Time Travel/First Kiss romance novel entitled, “I Kissed a Ghost” [ http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CRQ9SC6 ] has started to receive some wonderful reviews. I’ve read and reviewed


My second romance novel which now has a working title of “His Darkest Secret.”  The book is going to be an adult Contemporary with a paranormal element running through parts of the storyline. I've already written 34 chapters, consisting of 234 pre-formatted [6" x 9"] pages, and approximately 64,800 words.


One of a MAJOR reasons for my having been neglecting my blogs is I’m finally keeping a New Year’s Resolution I’ve not succeeded in keeping is to READ BOOKS. I haven’t read any for over five years. So far this year I’ve already read two books this year and have posted three posted three reviews.


This year I’ve already read:
“Spirits of Christmas” – novella by Nicky Wells which I gave 4 STARS.
“49 Gluten-Free Recipes” – Katarina Nolte which I gave 4 STARS.


I also posted a review for the last book I read in 2008 – “And the Whippoorwill Sang” by Micki Peluso which I gave FIVE STARS.


I’ve just read the first chapter of my third book for this year [and it's still January] “Sophie’s Turn” – Volume One of the Rock Star Romance Trilogy by Nicky Wells.


Now you might ask what has started me reading again. If you are, then I must confess it was winning a $10 Amazon gift for posting a comment on some site – I usually never win these things. With the gift card gathering dust on my computer I decided to use it to get a book I promised Nicky I’ll read. One problem I didn’t own a KINDLE, but luckily they offer a KINDLE App for computers in their store. I’ve now got a total of nine books, six of which I’ve downloaded plus three classics which came with the download. I love the fact I can switch from book to book, and the application remembers the location I was at when I closed the book. With the recipe book, I love the fact I’m able to add my own notes.


One of the things I really want to start doing on my site again are interviews, spotlight and guest posts. But ask for me to do any yet, I’m trying to figure out the logistics. With my finally keeping my resolution to read books this year taking hold I getting back to some normalcy regarding my sites, and I hope to be reading your comments again.

No comments:

Post a Comment