Thursday, May 23, 2013

IT'S BEEN QUITE HECTIC THE PAST SIXTEEN PLUS DAYS

You've probably noticed that for the past sixteen plus days aside from posting two interviews and a guest post about writing I haven't done any postings and there are several good reasons for it.
First, the KINDLE version of my first YA Paranormal/Time Travel/First Kiss romance novel entitled "I Kissed a Ghost" became available on May 12, 2013 

 

which meant I'd been quite busy with the pre-release and post release marketing/promotion for it.  The book is available of Amazon at http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CRQ9SC6 
with the paperback version currently available with a 10% discount.

As most of you should know by now I'm the owner of two LinkdedIn groups for some time:
 
Authors/Writers Helping Authors/Writers  http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=4173121&trk=myg_ugrp_ovr

Young Adult Book Authors
http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=4512071&trk=hb_side_g . 
 
And on May 19 I agreed to become the Manager for another LinkedIn group:

Childrens Book Authors
http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=1851208&trk=hb_side_g

I officially took over the position pf Manager on May 22 and have spent almost all my time cleaning up the discussions there by removing countless posts most of them made by single individual where the vast majority of the posts made look as if they were actually Tweets for a Twitter account.  I've set up automatic messages when someone asks to join the group, when they get their requests denied, and of course a automated message the moment I approved a request to join the group.  I set up rules for the group and posted them on my other two groups. I also post four discussions in an attempt to revitalize the group.

It might still take a few days for me to finish working on my groups before I can resume posting on this group on regular basis.

My next move is to the same with my other two groups.

So I'd like to take this opportunity to invite everyone to check out my three groups and hopefully decide to join them.  I'd also appreciate if everyone could take the time and check out my book.

THANKS for being here and for your on-going support. 



2 comments:

  1. Wow, you taking on a lot of resposibility , but those Linked In writing groups are a wonderful asset in gaining support and knowledge from fellow writers as well as a place to promote and sell our book sonthe sites that allow that. Thanks for the time you put in to help other writers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MICKI - THANKS for your wonderful compliment. My involvement with LinkedIn and its groups, especially those I own and manage goes back to what all of us had learned growing up and even being an adult.

      "AS YOU GIVE - SO SHALL YOU RECEIVE" :-) :-) :-)

      Delete