Sunday, December 2, 2012

MAJOR EVENT OCCURRED YESTERDAY

To all my WONDERFUL FOLLOWERS:

A major event yesterday morning in regards to my debut novel, I Kissed a Ghost, I approved one of the second of two covers. In additional to doing this I also:
1 - Submitted the text [BIO / SYNOPSIS ] for the back cover.
2 - Submitted the interior title /copyright/dedication and acknowledgements pages.
3 - Finally submitted the text for the novel itself after a lot a tweaking to make sure each page looked the way I wanted it to, including the headers for each page [odd numbered and even numbered pages]

What this means is by the end of this week, if all goes well, I should received a PDF.file for my entire book. And once I review this file and give my approval I then will be able to get a PROOF COPY of my book—a copy where I can inhale the luscious aroma of the ink on its freshly printed pages. Making sure this copy is the way I want my book to make its’ appearance into the world, I then give my final approval, and a few days later it will be FINALLY RELEASED at long last, and I can start the hard work of trying to market/promote.
Remember. I’ve posted several UNEDITED snippets from my novel on my website/blog and my other blog sites—so you can read some of what it contains.

THANKS for being with me as I made my maiden voyage to become a published author. And be sure to stay around as I embark on writing my second novel, this time an adult Contemporary/Paranormal Romance. I might even decide to endeavor to write a third novel [another YA] as I write my second.

Please feel free to tell your friends and family about my blog here as well as my Twitter account. http://www.twitter.com/mypennameonly

9 comments:

  1. Congrats!!! It looks like you're on your way!! I wish you all the best with this new book and a ton of sales--so glad you made it for the holidays!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANKS for your support Micky. May your words go from your mouth to "HIS" ears. As far as the holidays are concerned I'm glad as well.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations. That's an exciting step forward. I wish you success. I'm now following your blog--thought I already was, but I guess not.

    Lee
    Wrote By Rote

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANKS for your support. I hope you'll consider buying a copy for your grand-daughter/grand niece when it comes out. The story had been written for girls 12-15 in mind.

      Delete
  3. Robin,
    Well done. I'm looking forward to your book, don't forget to post the image so we can all see the cover,
    Eve

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Eve

      Sorry for the delay and THANKS for the compliment. I've been extremely busy preparing my marketing plan.
      I'm depending going to do my best to see if I can post
      the imagine directly on this blog

      Delete
  4. I remember seeing my first cover - hated it! Sent alternatives - they ignored them! Enjoy the release and look forward to a preview of the cover when you can.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anthony

      The first set of proposals for the cover for my debut novel I received had been inappropriate for its age group. Still waiting for my PROOF COPY to give my final okay

      THANKS for your kind support.

      Delete