Saturday, September 16, 2017

BOOK REVIEW # 2017-035 - GETTING MARRIED AT LAST


I read this book via an Amazon KINDLE Unlimited download.



I found this brief book to be precisely as the author has written for her description; the truth being said, it’s not only inspirational, but quite poignant as well.  The problem is too many people set their personal HEA [Happy Ever After] too high, which only results in one disappointment after another; people need to know what both their assets and negative attributes are to really fulfill their heart’s desire, which usually involves getting married at long last.



Personally, I married at 43 to my dear OH, aged 39. I knew what my limitations were; a slight speech imperfection and a genetic condition affected my physical appearance, especially my facial appearance. But one day, I found someone who could look beyond all this and to the personal I’m like on the inside; in fact, both of us looked at each of our personalities and compatibilities more than anything else, much like the author herself.



The only negative thing I can say about her book is that I feel she’s targeted her reading audience towards women. We’ve got to recognize and remember that there are scores of men who are still suffering the same way, downtrodden that they’re still living alone, and might benefit from reading the book themselves.



Every book should have a playlist which can accompany it, and this book is no exception. While for this book most people would think of Dean Martin’s “Everybody Loves Somebody”, there’s another song which he sang “Somewhere There’s a Someone” which I feel far more epitomizes what this book is trying to communicate. Here are the lyrics, see if you agree with how I feel:



Somewhere there's a someone for everyone

Somewhere there's a someone for me

Though I may be lonely now

I'll see it through somehow

To someone's heart I know I hold the key



Somewhere there's a someone for everyone

Somewhere there's a someone for me

And I'll search my whole life through

Until I find a love that's true

For I know somewhere there's a someone for me



(Somewhere)

(Somewhere)

And I'll search my whole life through

Until I find a love that's true

For I know somewhere there's a someone for me

For I know somewhere there's a someone for me



For wanting to share her story and to help others to get out of the rut they’re in, I’m happy to give Lori A. Peters and her book 5 STARS.






No comments:

Post a Comment