Friday, June 10, 2016

ROBIN LEIGH MORGAN'S MARKETING/PROMOTIONAL IDEA #10

Here’s a relatively simple idea, one which you probably totally forgot. I know I did until I received it in the mail since the last idea I posted here.

What is it?

Why, it’s the college alumni newsletter/magazine you get from time to time in the mail. If you didn’t go to college it might be your high school; that’s provided they had an alumni association and you’ve joined it.

Alumni associations love to hear about what you’ve been up to, especially if you’ve achieved doing something vital or interesting. Don’t you think having a book published would be considered to be one of these things?

Your fellow alumni might buy a copy of what you’ve written, simply because your one of them.

The best thing about this I idea is that the only cost involved is the time you’ll spend contacting them; and then working with them if they choose to write about you and your book[s].

And if by chance, you’re active in a union they would likewise be interested in what a brother/sister member is what to. If your union has a retiree association, join it and let them know.

This can also apply to anyone who works or had worked for a large company with an employee newsletter/magazine.

My union’s retirees association just had their annual luncheon this past week which I went to, sans my dear OH. There they announced if you’re doing anything interesting to let them know.

I’m definitely doing both of these items in the coming week.

So why don’t you consider doing them as well?

No comments:

Post a Comment