Tuesday, July 1, 2014

HAIKU HORIZONS - DECLINE


Well I’ve completed compiling my anthology of 100 Flash Fictions and I’ve recently found a few blog sites on which their owner writes Haikus to which I respond in writing my own. Haikus is a Japanese form of poetry, highly structured, consisting of 3 lines containing a total of 17 syllables. The 17 syllables are broken down into the 3 lines in the following manner 5 – 7 – 5.  I’ve just found a site  [http://www.haikuhorizons.wordpress.com ]

similar to the one I write my Five Sentence Fiction responses. The site has only been in existence for 19 weeks, and this will be the first time I’d be responding to.  This week the prompt given on the site is “DECLINE” and this will be my first response there.

Decline

Economy down
People don’t work, no spending
Depression sets in.

3 comments: