Friday, February 14, 2014

A STOPPAGE HERE and a BIRTH THERE


It's been almost two-and-a-half months since I've written anything for my second romance novel, an adult Contemporary with a paranormal element running through most of the storyline, which has the working title of “His Darkest Secret.”  It has reached a point where I’ve become totally frustrated not being able to think of anything to write to move my manuscript to completion.  I know precisely what to write for the last chapter, a chapter where things are wrapped including the reveal of the dark secret Bill had hidden from Jessica.

With nothing else to do, I decided to clean out some of the old files I have on WORD.  I wound up deleting about 40 items I no longer needed, and moved another 25 into new file folders. And in the process of doing this I found a LONG FORGOTTEN file [from July 2007] consisting of a single page which I’d planned to be another Contemporary romance novel but have never gone back to it.  Since reactivating this file this past Wednesday, I’ve written about 2,500 words [including a rewrite of the single page I had found].  My plan for this endeavor is to have it be a novella with approximately 35,000 words, and right now I’m giving it a working title of “It Had All Been a Game.”

The stats for “His Darkest Secret” are: 34 Chapters with 234 pages and approximately 68,400 words. I’d love to complete this manuscript by mid-summer, if not sooner.  In regards to “It Had All Been a Game,” writing about only 500 words a day, I could be able to complete this endeavor by the middle of May.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment