Saturday, March 22, 2014

FIVE SENTENCE FICTION - Ruins



Well here we are again responding to Lillie McFerrin’s prompt word for the week of “RUINS.”  This week I’ve decided to respond with an old adage we’ve all heard numerous times

CHEATERS NEVER WIN

Jack for some reason always seemed to have managed to win every single car race he ever entered.  His competitors couldn’t help but take note of this achievement, so they set up a plan to find out the possible reason for his unprecedented success. So the night before the next race they set up teams to follow him wherever he might go through the night. One of the teams got successful and saw him sabotage each of his competitor’s cars so he now RUINS any chance of their winning the race. With the knowledge in hand all the other drivers spent the entire night undoing the handiwork Jack had done, and rejoiced when he finally came in last at the end of the race.




















12 comments:

  1. Good one ....with a hidden message :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANKS for stopping by and leaving your kind compliment. I'd like to read our comments for my other FSF endeavors

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good story, Robin. Detective work paid off. Good lesson :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANKS for the compliment Anita. The thing is Jack is still trying to figure how they found out about what he'd done to their cars.

      Delete
  4. There is no shortcut to success and cheating definitely wont do! Good one Robin :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANKS for responding to my endeavor this week and leaving your kind compliment. Patience is a virtue. The road to success can be a long one especially for those of us who happen to be an author or a writer.
      Have a GREAT WEEK !!! :-) :-) :-)

      Delete
  5. Well done! (I am a NASCAR fan, so can relate!)
    http://mcguffysreader.blogspot.com/2014/03/ruins.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi McGuffy I'm not a NASCAR fan so I didn't any in mind when I wrote this. I'm glad I've been able to touch something which you can relate to which means I've been successful in my endeavor for this week. THANKS for the compliment. Have a GREAT WEEK !!! :-) :-) :-)

      Delete
  6. Hahaha...a taste of one's own medicine. Good one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Janaki
      I see I've made you laugh, Well to paraphrase an old saying. He got done unto him as to had done unto. He got his just desserts. Have a GREAT WEEK !!! :-) :-) :-)

      Delete
  7. Hahha.. it brought that evil smile on me... good one Robin

    Tina from The Sunny Side of Life

    ReplyDelete