Thursday, March 16, 2017

BOOK REVIEW # 2017-017 - THE SEBASTIAN CHRONICLES


I won a KINDLE copy for all the books in this series from the author through The Romance Reviews 6th Anniversary Celebration, and the following is my honest opinion.

 

Once Isabel had laid her eyes on Sebastian, she knew he had to be hers for now and forever more, for decades and centuries to come. You see Isabel had been a vampire and nothing would stop her from making her determination come true. Once bitten by Isabel, a bite which wound up turning Sebastian into a vampire has well, his desire to be my her side became unstoppable, the mere smell of her presence drove Sebastian wild. Not only that; his already sexual prowess got heighten even more. No longer did he have to woo his desired victims to have sex with him, they’d now seem to want to do it willing and allow him to have his way with them. Little did these individuals realize it had been Sebastian’s mind-controlling thoughts that were forcing them to lose their virginity so willingly. The visual descriptions written by Ms. Travis of their erotic activities are quite vivid, vivid enough that some reader could find up wetting their own panties merely fantasizing they’re in Isabel’s shoes.

 

Isabel made had sure he would be taken care of should she ever fallen victim to the wrath of the local town people who were always eager to drive a wooden stake through the heart of any individual they believed had been a vampire, which had become her fate at the end of Book One.

 

Sebastian, as he moved through the centuries which passed around him alone, felt he’d more and more that he’ll never fall in love again [which reminded me a little of Dionne Warwick’s song “I’ll Never Fall in Love Again”.] Nor did he believe that he’ll ever find someone like Isabel again, someone whose mere presence would drive him so wild that nothing would stop him from making her his and his alone. And as we follow Sebastian through the next three books, something kept on coming up which prevented him from fulfilling his quest. Here, once again, Ms. Travis’s writing should fulfill a reader’s erotic desires when it comes to the erotic activities between Sebastian and the woman he’s with.

 

Book Five brings us and Sebastian to the present day and to Seattle, Washington, a place whose gloomy weather made him feel like he’s finally home. It is here that he encounters Bree, and the instant he sees her, his senses go haywire, and he feels that she’s the one he’s been searching for all these years. She has her own set of rules regarding the opposite sex, as does Sebastian. Yet both of their rules go out of the window when they’ll in each other’s presence. Sebastian vampire abilities of reading other people’s minds drives Bree crazy, since she can’t figure out how he knows all the things he does about her, and she can’t understand how he’s about to more around so quickly; one moment he’s in front of her and the next he’s behind her. Eventually Bree becomes a victim to his charms and desires to have him as her own as does Sebastian does regarding her.  

 

As I read this final book of the Sebastian Chronicles, and realizing he’s found his soul mate for eternity, I couldn’t help but hear Etta James’s classic song “At Last” playing in my mind. And if you read the lyrics to this song, you might feel that it could actually belong to Sebastian, the way I do.

 

AT LAST

My love has come along

My lonely days are over

And life is like a song

 

Oh yeah yeah

At last

 

The skies above are blue

My heart was wrapped up in clover

The night I looked at you

 

I found a dream, that I could speak to

A dream that I can call my own

I found a thrill to press my cheek to

A thrill that I have never known

 

Oh yeah yeah

You smiled, you smiled

Oh and then the spell was cast

And here we are in heaven

 for you are mine...

 

At Last

 

For having her reader’s possibly reaching a climax of their own as they read these five stories, I can’t help but give Ms. Travis 5 STARS for her erotic endeavor here.

 


 
UK:   https://www.amazon.co.uk/review/RMAB4DZPGPXDJ

No comments:

Post a Comment