Thursday, October 30, 2014

BOOK REVIEW # 18 - HOME SWEET HOME

[This book is part of the Chicken Soup for the Soul series]

I received this book as a prize from one of the FM radio stations my OH and I listen during one of their appearances at a local business.

“Home Sweet Home” is a heart-warming, like the homemade chicken soup my mother used to make, collection of 101 short stories from contributors coming from all walks of life. Each story is a true account of these individual’s personal life, the good times and the bad. These stories tell of the long-lasting decisions families had to make; they tell of the making of a mere house into their homes.

We can all share our own experience with those of these in the stories they’ve written; from the physical, do-it-yourself disasters affecting our homes to the arrival of unwanted guests [family].

“Home Sweet Home” is definitely not the type of book you can read in a single reading; you need to take each story one at a time before moving on to the next one. You need allow yourself an opportunity to experience it and reflect how each one pertains to your own life, you could find out you’re not alone.

I feel it heart-warming that I’m able to give 5 STARS.
Robin Leigh Morgan is the author of “I Kissed a Ghost,” a MG/YA Paranormal romance novel.


No comments:

Post a Comment