Sunday, August 12, 2012

MY MUSES HAVE STOPPED PLAYING GAMES

Having your creative muses come to help you out is great, especially when you need them the most. However, from time to time they get also become a nuisance.

This was the case with the recent visit of my muses. They came and gave me the inspiration I needed to move on with the final completion of my manuscript. As I sat down to resume creating the words on the screen in front of me, they began to tease me with quick bursts of new ideas. This happen several times, and several times I tried to resist their presence, but as I said in a previous post, “If they come, you must listen.”

The good news they left Friday night, leaving me with ideas for two more novels, both paranormals, one adult contemporary/paranornal and another YA paranormal. The idea for the adult PNR was so vivid, that yesterday I typed the first five pages/1,100 words.

With their presence gone, and the beginning of my next WIP already done, I finally got back to the present and typed the rest of chapter 35 [four and a half pages]. Hopefully, at this rate, and no further distractions, I should be typing that elusive final period by Wednesday

3 comments:

  1. That happens to me when my angel sits on my shoulder and whispers in my ear. It is great but sometimes I wish he (or she) would wait until waking hours:>)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! It's so great when this happens. It's good that you know when to listen to your muse. So many people don't and then the world gets deprived of awesome stories! :D Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with it! Your enthusiasm undoubtedly translates to the book. Great blog!

    ReplyDelete