Saturday, March 19, 2016

BOOK REVIEW # 2016-039 - GETTING LUCKY NUMBER SEVEN

Layla Wilder is a total college nerd who excels in chemistry who has come to the conclusion she needs to shed the façade she’s created for herself and start to live life like the rest of her fellow classmates, especially the young women on campus, and decides to create a bucket she feels she needs to do in order to accomplish this goal.

How would describe Layla’s desire to complete her list? Well for me when it comes to a particular item on her bucket list she would be like Diana Ross singing her song, “I’m Coming Out.” If you’re not familiar with it, you can listen to it on YouTube, and even if you are, here the specific lines of the song which I’m referring to

I'm coming out
I want the world to know
I got to let it show

There's a new me coming out
And I just had to live
And I want to give
I'm completely positive
I think this time around
I am gonna do it
Like you never do it
Like you never knew it
Oh, I'll make it through

The time has come for me
To break out of the shell
I have to shout
That I'm coming out

But, being totally naïve Layla knows she definitely needs help to venture into these unchartered territories of her life. The only individual she feels she can turn to in this regards in her lab partner, Beck Davenport. Beck being a hunk and a member of the college’s hockey team, a guy any woman would desire to save as her own, agrees to her relatively simple request since he doubts she has nothing to offer him in the form of a love interest. As he helps her check off the items on her list, Layla begins to grown on him and by the time she reaches the last item on her list, NUMBER 7, which happens to be a night of uninhibited, mind-blowing sex; Beck has found her to be the woman he’s always longed for. But how can he convince her to have him fulfill the seventh item on her list, without losing the platonic relationship they’ve shared so far.

This book happens to be in the still relatively new genre of romance, New Adult. The characters in these stories are supposed to be either in their senior year of high school or beginning college. Sex is more of flirty nature than anything else, although some stories might go all the way.  How far do Layla and Beck go in regards to fulfilling the last item on her bucket I’m saying but is well worth the read, which is the reason Ms. Madsen is getting 5 STARS from me for her book.

I received an e-book copy of this book in connection with the MAVP event The Romance Reviews had on their website.



No comments:

Post a Comment